The Quit Smoking, Start Now! app is based on solid scientific theory and research incorporating both emergent and established psychological principles, brain science and important behavior modification techniques. These principles can be summarized in the following statements. Click on the links below for more details:
[ Negative Social Consequences ]
[Pledging ][ Monetary Incentives ] [ Combatting Relapse ] [Semi-Random Step Down] [Positive Expectations & Beliefs]
- Research supports the notion that negative social consequences are an important driver of motivations to quit smoking.
- Research indicates that making a pledge that you intend to quit smoking increases the likelihood that you will do so.
- Research shows that receiving a financial incentive can play an important role in increasing our motivation to quit smoking.
- Quit smoking stats show that many quitters re-start smoking after initially quitting, so having a "panic" button feature to combat the relapse urge is very useful.
- Research into quit smoking programs show that a gradual step-down feature is effective, and, that using a random logic to generate the smoking signals is a highly effacacious means to disrupting and breaking the smoking habit.
- Research strongly supports the assertion that the brain is the creator of our willpower and resolve and that positive expectations of a successful outcome can actually significantly increase the likelihood of success.
Copyright 2011, Healthy Living Solutions, LLC